by Mike and Jennifer
PANA/NSC members Jennifer and Mike represented at the SIPA Solidarity Conference! They also collected a lot of ideas of how to reduce anti-AAPI violence.
Here’s the text on the notes.
How To Fight Anti-Asian Hate?
– de-escalation training
– corporate training & open dialogue
– spread love
LABOR LITERACY & WORKING CLASS SOLIDARITY!
– have more open discussions w/ various ethnic groups
– education & awareness
– community celebration
Provide more ethnic studies courses so people are aware
Stay away from agenda & keep an open mind
Supporting AAPI Business and Protest
Education + Awareness + Reform + Systemic change
– Promoting Asian history & culture so people are more aware of it
– Staying unified and keeping our spirits up!
– Keeping up with AAPI hate crimes and donating to help them
Spread awareness & try to put yourself in their shoes
– Raise awareness
– Keeping an open mind
– Staying up to date w/ recent hate crimes & AAPI news
– Educating yourself
– Advocating for hate crime victims & getting involved in activism (legislation, gov’t)
work in solidarity & spreading awareness w/ other communities
Remember our stories